Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Graduation Scrapbooking - Mixing Traditional Scrapbooking with Project Life Style

Hi, everyone! Today starts a brand new challenge over at Bimini Moose. The challenges are always anything goes and the twist is always optional. This time the twist is to focus on a specific family member. I thought my graduation scrapbook pages would be perfect for this theme!

Our daughter, Kati, graduated from the University of South Carolina in May with her Masters in Art Education. In other words, she's going to be an Art Teacher. I wanted to include her graduation announcement in my photo album, but it was too large for any of the Project Life pocket pages I had. My friends are so creative and smart! I took their advice to make a traditional scrapbook page, and found a great page on Pinterest that I loved and adapted for my own needs and style.



  • I used the Cricut Design Space to cut out the Graduate word, tags, and year.
  • The cap with tassel behind the letter "A" was a lot of fun to create.
  • Tulle added to the tags
  • I cut out some info from the program like Kati's name and degree, the University's seal... stuff like that.
I was very pleased with how it came out!

For Mother's Day (the day after her graduation), Kati had given me tons of Project Life papers, filler cards, tags, etc. I used some them to create these pages. 



It was a fantastic weekend! It's one of those weekends you want to burn into your memory and never ever forget. Many special moments.

Thank you all so much for visiting with me today. Don't forget to link up your scrapbooking pages over at Bimini Moose.

:) Janis

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your Daughter! YAY!!! And what a lovely Layout! Pretty Colors... very Classic... :) Have a Crafty Day!

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tassels, Janis! I'm using that one for my son's HS graduation layout from 2 years ago. <3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous double page layout Janis! I love that you included your daughter's announcement on your page. I love the mixing of traditional with pocket page scrapping. It's the best of both worlds!! Congrats to your daughter!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages! What a lovely way to document her grad!

    ReplyDelete