Monday, May 4, 2015

Hello There (Cricut Explore Card)

Happy Monday to you! Hope you all had a great weekend. We finally got all 3 decks completely finished with painting and the dock is almost finished. We still need to paint the lake side - which either requires us to be swimming in the water or standing in a low boat. We're still trying to figure that one out. But it all looks amazing. We started painting the dog fence Tom built, but ran out of paint. Can you believe it was all hand brushed and has eaten 10 gallons so far?

Yesterday I spent some time going through the Make-It-Now CARDS section at Cricut Design Space. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy making projects that are pre-sized and all I have to do is load paper and cut. The Cricut Explore is impressing me with how well it cuts intricate details, and it's so quiet. I don't cut cursive words or small things with my Cameo. It tears my paper. I'm pretty sure it's something I'm not doing right, but the frustration level got to the point I just avoid cuts like that. While I was browsing the CARD section yesterday on Design Space, I spent some time just cutting out parts for several card projects, then putting the projects in ziplock bags to keep them separated by project, to assemble later. I was amazed when the MOM from my first card cut so well. I was amazed again yesterday when cutting doilies, print and cuts, hello in cursive, and other intricate cuts. WOW. I had no idea this machine would impress me so much. I can't wait to get more Cricut pens for the machine and the scoring tool (which are both already ordered and should arrive today).

So, enough blabbing. Onto a project for today.  Oh wait, before I do that, I have a question. Does anyone know how to tell where the cuts come from that are in the Make-It-Now designs? Don't judge me - I'm new to this. LOL  But some of the cuts make me want to see what else is on that cart it came from.

Okay, now onto my card. Really. No more delays....



  • When I first saw this card, I thought the "Hello there" was showing through, but actually each letter is cut out and adhered separately. And the letters didn't tear! 
  • I ran the letters through my Xyron for easy adhering to the card.
  • Some twine from stash
  • Glitter polka dot paper from scrap box
Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow.
:) Janis

1 comment:

  1. Cute Card Janis!!!! I think the Explore does cut better than the Cameo when it comes to the intricate cuts... I've had my cameo for over 3 yrs. and it cuts great except those small or tough cuts.... When I tried my Explore for the first time that was 1 feature I was impressed with... Of course I still prefer my Cameo over my Explore... but that's just me! :) It's fun to use those pre designs when your in a hurry so have fun with it! :) Have a great day! :)


    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete