Monday, February 23, 2015

Scrapbook page - Lake House Photos

Hi all my crafty, scrappy, bloggy friends! Last week around Wednesday, I realized I had only taken about 3 photos so far that week. I almost panicked thinking, "I'm not going to have anything to scrapbook for this week." But I was very wrong. I ended up scrapping 4 pages of Project Life layouts yesterday all for just last week. Instead of flooding you with them all at once, I'll be spreading out blog posts this week showing you a page now and then and giving details of the supplies I used.

If we are friends on Facebook, then you already know that Tom & I have been trying to buy a house for a while. We put an offer on a house behind the church I grew up in last December, but the owner's counter offer was not agreeable to us, so that was the end of that.  Then in January we put a verbal offer on some land. It seemed liked a great deal until we got the list of covenants that were a joke. Tom told the Realtor we would not be pursuing that purchase. Then Tom told me about a house on the lake, 2 coves over from one of his brothers, and sent me the link of the details, map location, etc. Hmmmm, it looked really good. So we made an appointment to meet the Realtor out there for a walk-through to see if it was as good in person as it looked on paper. It was even better than we expected. We put an offer on it the next day, and got a YES on the verbal offer a week later. We have been negotiating details for the past couple of weeks, and it finally looks like everything is a go to be sent off to the lawyer, get the contract written up, sign it, and call it our's.


This scrapbook page is just house stuff. A couple pictures of Tom packing, and pictures from the House Inspection last Saturday. Of course, nothing is final until it's all signed and legal, but I've been living like it's our's for a while now. I actually started packing before we got the Yes on our offer from the owner's. LOL

These pictures will be interesting to look back on year's from now to see what it looked like when we moved in, and compare to what it looks like then with paint changes and all the remodeling I'm sure Tom will do. He loves doing that stuff, and I love him doing it, so it works for us both.

Before & After stickers - Walmart
Letter stickers top left and bottom right - My Mind's Eye, Now & Then (Peachy Cheap)
Filler Cards - various collections
Forklift with Fragile crate - Print 'n Cut Sil ID# 72547
Mouse XO - Print 'n Cut Sil ID# 73772

Thanks for stopping by!
:) Janis

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janis, that is wonderful news!!! How exciting too!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the new house and don't blame you for packing something before hand. lol It must have felt right to you! You layout is awesome my friend and I'm so excited for you and Tom and Bonnie! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete