Wednesday, November 5, 2014

2014 Holiday Card Workshop - Interactive Cards


I am so proud of myself!
I actually heat embossed!
//sigh//
It's the little things that can make us so happy.

We are in the middle of the 2014 Holiday Card Workshop 
I registered to take. I'm a little behind as the workshop is on Day 3
and this card is a technique learned in Day 2.
Oh well.
No need to stress over that.
I've had a very busy week, but hopefully tomorrow
and Friday I will be back to my normal routine.
That is unless I have to take one of our
fur babies to the vet tomorrow.
Ginger is limping and whining.
Not sure if she's whining about her foot
or got into something in the backyard she
should not have swallowed.
But I'm praying for her.
I hope she is feeling better tomorrow.
Poor baby.
But I digress....

So...... for the interactive card technique I decided to try today
is the one with the ornament on the card that can be removed
and hung on your Christmas tree.

The instructors for this workshop are crazy talented.
I love seeing what they do and how their minds work.

I don't have any white embossing powder,
but I have clear.
So I bought a 97 cent white pigment ink pad at Walmart
and used my clear embossing powder sent from a friend for 
me to try in anticipation for this workshop.
Voila!
It worked perfectly.
I'm so tickled.
Can you tell?

Here's my card........


Kraft card base
Red matting
Blue matting for snow and sentiment
Kraft tag with jute hanger
Inks:
White pigment ink, Momento Tuxedo Black, Real Red
Clear embossing powder
Tag is a die cut from the Silhouette Store ID# 23106 - set of 7 tags (I used the dome shaped one)
Sentiment from Craftin Desert Divas' "Holly Day Punnies"
Here's a close-up of the sentiment:


You can buy this stamp set HERE

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what I'm up to.
Big hugs & Smiles to you!
:) Janis

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! The embossing looks great!! And I hope your fur baby feels better soon. :)
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the embossing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and I'm lovin' your color combo! C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute! Your embossing turned out great.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, gotta love a fun snowman. The way you did the embossing with white ink and clear embossing powder looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! How did you make that snowman?? I am really liking him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty!! I love those gorgeous white snowflakes!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete