Thursday, October 23, 2014

3D Flower with Sucker Center

Hi!
Do you know what today is?
Just another fun Thursday in October. :)

I love real flowers, gardens, etc.
That being said, I like other people's flowers and gardens.
I'm one of those people who do not enjoy dirty knees and dirt under my fingernails.

Sometimes I'll see blog posts of 3D flowers people have created,
and I think I could never do that. Looks hard.

Yesterday, I decided the flowers I saw in the Silhouette Store
were just too pretty not to give them a try.
I have to tell you, I was surprised at how pretty
this flower turned out. And I made it!

These flower cut files were created by Jamie at Bits of Paper.
She has easy picture tutorials on her blog.
You can find all of her recent 3D flowers and tutorials HERE.


Silhouette ID# - 66835 - 3D flower
The center can be filled with a sucker or a pencil.


I used my pencil to roll the petal and leaf ends a little.
I wasn't sure how to make the parts stick together and not slide
down the sucker stick. If you have ideas, please share.
I ended up using a glue dot or two.

That's it for today.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Be sure to come visit me tomorrow.
It will be my day to post for the Craftin Desert Divas 
October Stamp Release.
Then come back and see me on Saturday too
because it will be my day to post as part of the CDD Reveal Blog Hop.

Smiles!
:) Janis

7 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful flower. You did a great job rounding the edges :) and I love the little peek-a-boo leaves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your flower is gorgeous!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Janis, your flower sucker looks amazing! I love how pretty your flower turned out and that goes to show you what you can do when you try. Great job! Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete