- Each month we take a picture or two of something we did or something our family did
- We create 2 layouts exactly alike. Put one in our scrapbook, set the other aside.
- In December, we send the duplicate layouts that we set aside all year to each other as our Christmas gift.
- Then we add those pages to our album.
For my first page, I cheated a little. Instead of using pictures of something we've done in January, I just chose 3 random pictures from the recent past. I wanted to give an overall feel that our family travels near and far often, and that we love having all types and kinds of adventures. Next time I won't try to squeeze so many photos onto one page though. I would much rather have a lot more die cuts and decorating than I was able to fit on this page, but hey, I've got all year to create more pages.
I left this image rather large for uploading here. If you'd like a closer look, you can click on the image and see a much larger photo of it.
8x10 LAYOUT PAGE (1):
- Creative Memories 8" x 10" scrapbook page base
- Black cardstock cut to 8" x 10"
- Green pattern paper cut to 7 3/4" x 9 3/4" (DCWV The Floral Fair Stack)
- Photos are 4" x 6" untrimmed
- Black cardstock photo mats cut to 4 1/8" x 6 1/8"
- Creative Memories Circle template used to cut one of the pictures.
- CRICUT CRAFT ROOM BASICS:
- Circle Black cardstock mat cut @ 4 1/4"
- 50 STATES:
- Virginia cut @ 1/2"
- Texas cut @ 1"
- Sun p. 96 cut @ 1 1/2" with shadow
- Wave embossing folder
- CAMPIN' CRITTERS:
- Bear looking around tree p. 60 cut @ 3 1/4" with shadow and FLIP feature
- EVERY DAY PAPER DOLLS:
- Grass p. 77 cut @ 5 1/2" wide and trimmed to fit
- Inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink
- White tag from Walmart:
- Hand written photo descriptions
- Inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink
- Team Lewis:
- Printed from computer using GEORGIA font
- Black cardstock mat
- 2-way Glue Pen
- Micro Glue Dots
- ATG Photo Safe (archival)
- Scotch Photo Splits
That's it! I know the details look like a lot, but it was easy and fun to create. Thanks for stopping by today! I'll see you again next time. And there will be another 8x10 layout page in February, plus hopefully some 12x12 scrapbook layout pages too for my other scrapbook album.
Oh... almost forgot to tell you.... I'll be doing a give away next week. No challenge involved, just a chance to win a fun crafting item by leaving a comment on that post. I'm not sure what day I will get it posted, but when you see it, be sure to leave a comment for a chance to win.
Smiles :) Janis