Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tea Time

Good morning! I had a great Christmas and I hope you guys did too. All of the decorations, the tree, everything came down Christmas morning. It's what we've always done. Take everything down and put it away so there is room enough to play with our new toys!  A lot of people think that's weird. For us, it's normal traditional behavior.

We have 4 children. The older two are living with their spouses and raising a family. Can you believe I'm a Grandma?! I hope you don't mind, but I want to share some pictures with you before I show you the project I made today.


This is our oldest son, Jimmy, his wife, Nhi, and our grandson, Wyatt. He just started walking a few weeks ago! Woo-Hoo! They spent their Christmas at Nhi's parents' house in Colorado. It actually snowed there and looked pretty until the sun came out and melted it.


This is our oldest daughter, Keri and her handsome, Aaron. They are PERFECT together! We love Aaron like he's our son. 


And this little darling is their son and our grandson, Kevin. Those punch fists are from me and Tom. Hahaha They make noise too. How fun is that?!


Here is our daughter, Kati, with the love of her life, Ryan. I have to say, these two throw the BEST parties! We always have a blast at their parties. I'm so proud that her and all our children have good friends, are responsible, and have grown up to make us so proud.


And here is Kati with our special needs child, Bonnie. Or more affectionately known around here as BonBon. 

I think everyone had a GREAT Christmas!

Bonnie got an XBox Kinect and a few games. I think her favorite game so far is:


I bought Tom a butler dog. This dog just cracks me up.


Tom named him Hobson.


And here is my Christmas present from Tom. A new table that I got to pick out on Christmas Eve. I love it! We got it at North Furniture Company (Facebook link HERE) which is 3 blocks down the road from us. We go there now and then to check everything out and daydream and plan our next purchases.

One more family picture....


Here is my Mama and Daddy on Christmas Day when we gathered at my brother's house for family, food, and fun.

Are you ready for a card today?

#526 POSTCARD front

POSTCARD back
  • LOVE YOU A LATTE Cricut Lite cartridge
  • Tea Time scallop circle cut @ 2 1/2"
  • Tea Bag cut @ 3 1/2"
  • The Hemp rope stuff is actually what was tied around some hemp our daughter, Kati, bought to build a cat tower and scratching post. She was going to throw it away! Gasp! I rescued it so I could recycle it into one of my projects. And yes, there is more in my drawer waiting to be used.
  • The burgundy fuzzy string is from American Crafts "Premium Ribbon" sent to me by my Secret Santa, Nicole, along with lots of other goodies. Thank you, Nicole!!
  • The ribbon at the bottom is from one of my besties, Sheree.  She probably doesn't even remember sending this to me since it was about 2 years ago when she sent a zippie bag full of fibers, ribbon scraps, etc.
  • Dew drops are from my friend, Theresa's, Royal Castle Shoppe.
  • The turquoise buttons are from our daughter, Kati. She bought them for a project, used what she wanted, and gave me the rest. Hey, I'll take 'em! I love buttons!
  • The other buttons are from my Bestie, Mary, of Cardz TV and from my friend, Theresa's, Royal Castle Shoppe.
  • Now... about the back...
  • More of that rope stuff Kati was going to trash after untying her hemp cord.
  • Cup from Mary's CARDZ TV STAMPS, "Brew HaHa" set and stamped using Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.
  • Sentiment also  from Mary's CARDZ TV STAMPS, "Brew HaHa" set and stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • All pattern papers are from My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad "All Spice"
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you can sit and relax and enjoy a cup of tea, java, or whatever your passion is.

12 comments:

  1. Awwww!! What a beautiful family you have!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful pictures of them! Your card is adorable as always! Hugs to you!!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts. Thank you for sharing your family with us! You guys are amazing parents! Love the postcard and all the different "stuff" you used! And, no, I don't remember the ribbon! lol

    ReplyDelete

  3. What a beautiful family and a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis, you have a beautiful family! I love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely family. So nice that you got to spend Christmas with them. I love your card is so colorful and fun. TFS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great Christmas Janis. We both seem to be blessed with great kids. Love the card. You lucky dog, I can hardly wait to be a grandma!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the family photos!! Your card is adorable. Thanks for sharing.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your wonderful Family photos wiht us...hmmmm not sure what is wrong but I am having trouble with my comments. Anyway...Thanks for sharing! Sweet sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your family photos with us glad you had a wonderful Christmas-- See you at the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful family Janis!! and I love your new table - so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janis - all of your children are lovely - just like you! It is great to have those grandbabies - looks like a nice Christmas day for everyone! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the NEW TABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok first your family is gorgeous!!!
    Second thank you so much for joining us at charisma!!!

    ReplyDelete