Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Friendship Board Book

Merry Christmas!!

I hope you woke up this morning surrounded by loved ones. That's really what's important. Not packages or bows or stuff stockings (although those things are fun too), but being able to see, touch, hug, and smile at the ones you love. That's a great gift!

Today I want to share with you a very special gift I gave to one of my very good friends. I enjoyed it, giggled over it, and kept thinking about her smiling and giggling too.

To see another Friendship Book I posted earlier.... CLICK HERE... or scroll down to previous post.

I started out with a board book I bought for $1.00.



It's so cute, I sort of felt bad about covering up all the pretty pictures. Oh well. I didn't feel so bad as to not actually do it though. LOL


Here you go. The front, back, spine, and all the inside pages are covered with ivory cardstock.


This next step can be a little messy. Everything is inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress ink. Make it messy. If it doesn't look messy, loved, and a little worn, do it again. LOL We are not looking for perfect lines here. We are looking for messy.

Next I chose the paper for the front, back, and spine. I love this brown polka dot paper. 


Before I forget, I stamped my name and blog stamp on the back. Years from now, I want her to remember who gave this to her. :)


Time to get the front cover decorated!!

#504

I kept index cards for each page and cover with notes of what cuts I used, the sizes, and any other details I wanted to be sure and include in this post. Believe me. This was very helpful. I won't include sizes of the background papers because if you decide to make a book like this, chances are the board book you get will not be the exact same size as this one. But I will include die cut sizes.
  • TEDDY BEAR PARADE Raincoat Bear cut @ 3 1/2"
  • Ticket used for sentiment matting from a roll of tickets I bought at Walmart earlier this year
  • DOODLECHARMS Sun p. 96 cut @ 1 1/2"
  • EVERY DAY PAPER DOLLS Clouds p. 42 cut @ 1 3/4" and 1 1/2"
  • Clouds embossed with Cuttlebug folder "Romance"
  • CREATE A CRITTER 2 Grass cut at various sizes
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "Good Friends" stamp set
Time to open the book. Are you ready? Here we go!


Pages 1 and 2


  • Cuttlebug folder "Honeycomb" used to emboss yellow paper
  • CTMH ART PHILOSOPHY for corners p. 58 cut @ 1"

  • TEDDY BEAR PARADE Bee Bear cut @ 3 1/2"
  • Mrs. Grossman's and Creative Memories flower stickers
  • Back of ticket used for sentiment matting
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "Going Buggy" stamp set
  • DOODLECHARMS Sun p. 96 cut @ 1 1/2"
  • Grass created with Fiskars grass border punch
Let's turn the page!


Pages 3 and 4


  • CTMH ART PHILOSOPHY Corners p. 58 cut @ 1"
  • White Gel pen used for dots on corners
  • MINI MONSTERS Fence cut @ 2 1/2"
  • EVERY DAY PAPER DOLLS Grass cut to fit 12" length and trimmed to fit this page



  • TEDDY BEAR PARADE Prince Bear cut @ 3 1/2"
  • DOODLECHARMS Sun p. 96 cut @ 1 1/2"
  • CTMH ART PHILOSOPHY Corners p. 58 cut @ 1"
  • Creative Memories Frog sticker
  • MINI MONSTERS Fence cut @ 2 1/2"
  • EVERY DAY PAPER DOLLS Grass cut to fit 12" length and trimmed to fit this page
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "TOAD-ally Awesome" stamp set
Let's turn the page again!



Pages 5 and 6


  • JUST BECAUSE CARDS Tree ... I'm sorry I don't know the size of this tree. It was cut really, really big and trimmed to fit this page. This was a cut I had in my stash that I pulled out to use.
  • Apples are from using a Hobby Lobby punch
  • EVERY DAY PAPER DOLLS Grass cut @ 0.875"
  • Tickets from ticket roll I got at Walmart

  • TEDDY BEAR PARADE Rock Girl cut @ 3 1/2"
  • DOODLECHARMS Sun p. 96 cut @ 1 1/2" with shadow
  • Ticket used for sentiment stamp matting
  • The tree is part of what I cut off from the other page
One more time! Let's turn the page!!



Pages 7 and 8


  • TEDDY BEAR PARADE Cowgirl cut @ 3 1/2"
  • CTMH ARTISTE Speech Bubble p. 65 cut @ 2"
  • COUNTY FAIR Chick and Fence p. 54 cut @ 2.625"
  • DOODLECHARMS Sun p. 96 cut @ 1 1/2" with shadow
  • PAPER DOLL DRESS UP Grass cut @ 1.125"
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "Good Friends" and "Beary Sweet" sets

  • TEDDY BEAR PARADE Cowboy cut @ 3 1/2"
  • CTMH ARTISTE Speech Bubble p. 65 cut @ 2"
  • COUNTY FAIR Fence (I cut out the chick... shhh...) p. 54 cut @ 2.625"
  • EVERY DAY PAPER DOLLS Clouds cut @ various sizes 
  • Clouds embossed with Cuttlebug "Romance" folder
  • PAPER DOLL DRESS UP Lasso p. 67 cut @ 3 1/2"
  • PAPER DOLL DRESS UP Grass cut @ 1.125"
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "Good Friends" and "Beary Sweet" sets
That's it! That's the entire book. And just in case you are wondering..... No, it does not want to shut. LOL


I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed creating it. I think Sheree will like it. I hope so. I think Billy will get a kick out of seeing his "cowboy bear self" in it too. (You know, Billy is a real life cowboy. Only one I've ever known.)

Some of the products used in this book are from the stores of some of my good friends. Please visit them and do some shopping. I love these products!

CARDZ TV STAMPS (stamps in this book)

CTMH with LUCY KELLEHER (Artiste & Art Philosophy carts in this book)

THE SCRAPBOOKING QUEEN (foam tape, white gel pen in this book)

Here's the Friendship Book I made for Mary and posted earlier.


For all the details on this one... CLICK HERE... or scroll down to previous post.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your family and friends.
Smiles :) Janis

5 comments:

  1. Sheree is going to LOVE this. Thank you for sharing this wonderful, heartfelt project. I just might have to scraplift this one.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a Merry Christmas to you! Your book is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE my book, and so does Billy. He loves seeing himself (don't all men!) in this book and feels so special that he was included. I am going to have to make one of these too. My book is proudly displayed on my dresser. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! That is soo adorable. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete