Friday, October 5, 2012

Cut It Up Ch# 3: Breast Cancer Awareness

Unexpected Crafting Challenge... HERE
Pause Dream Enjoy Ch#40: Purple & Orange... HERE
Cut It Up Ch#3: Breast Cancer Awareness... HERE
Cardz TV Stamps Ch# 16: Buttons & Boos... HERE

CUT IT UP CHALLENGES

Cut It Up Ch# 3:
Make a paper project in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and remember to always include a Die Cut for all the Cut It Up Cahllenges!
Only ONE entry per blog.
Challenge ends Oct. 17th @ Noon EST.

PRIZE:

Check out the Cut It Up Challenge post for our sponsor and prize info for this challenge. :)


Here is my project for this challenge:


Project # 415 of this year



I couldn't decide which photo I liked the best, so here are all 3. :)

And here are progress pics (these are always fun):





  • ARTIST Cricut Cartridge used for box. (I LOVE THIS CART & THIS CUT!) Box cut is on page 68 and cut @ 11". My friend, Kathi of Kards by Kathi, sent me a couple of these cuts. Thanks, Kathi! BUT... I will have this cart in my own little hands soon. If you would like to get more information on how to purchase this cartridge, contact my CLOSE TO MY HEART Consultant, Lucy, HERE


  • Decorative papers area all from the Hobby Lobby paper pack, "Persnickety".


  • Black cardstock (for each end of the box inside and outside) 
    • 1 1/4" x 2" (cut 16 times)
  • Pattern paper (for each end of the box inside and outside) 
    • 1 1/8" x 1 7/8" (cut 16 times)
  • Black cardstock (for middle section all the way around) 
    • 2" x 3 3/4" (cut 4 times)
  • Pattern paper (for middle section all the way around) 
    • 1 7/8" x 3 5/8" (cut 4 times)
  • DESIGNER'S CALENDAR (Cricut cart) Ribbon page 37 cut @ 2 1/2"

  • GIVE A HOOT (Cricut cart) "HOPE" p. 49 cut @ 2 1/2"
 


  • Pink and White Tulle was ordered from Amazon and stuck all the way through the box length so it would hang out the ends. I thought this gave it a nice, soft feel to the project.
  • Pink dotted ribbon was tied to both ends to secure box closure and keep tulle from sliding out of the inside.
  • Green and Pink pearls are from Martha Stewart
I hope you liked my project. I'm really enjoying the cuts on this ARTISTE cartridge! Make sure you contact LUCY to get this cart. It's so worth every penny!
Come play with us @ Cut It Up Challenges!
:) Janis

I am entering this project in the Link Up For Pink!

19 comments:

  1. Wow Janis what an amazing project and a fun cut!! Makes me want this cart!! I love the designer paper too! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this box Janis and your paper choices are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your papers!!!! You should link up at Link Up for Pink....http://www.linkupforpink.com/

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis, this box is gorgeous! I love how you added the tulle! I never knew there was a ribbon on designer's calendar! I need to check out my carts more closely haha! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project Janis- I like how the Artiste cut has a scallop edge the TTBM2 does not have the scallop. I love it.
    you could enter this in my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janis, what a cute box and such a great idea!! Thanks for joining Link Up for Pink and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs
    Joanie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice cracker box. The paper is just gorgeous!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project Janis. I love the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you box!! The paper you used is great. Love the tulle. Fabulous!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I love this soooo much! I definitely need to start saving up for this cartridge it's sooooo cute :) Great work Janis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Janis for joining Link Up for Pink, hope to see more of your projects entered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cool project! I really like the papers you used and all the tulle! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project, we all need hope. http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/2012/10/2nd-annual-link-up-for-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from DLART Linky Party. Fun project. Like the papers used & tulle.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, beautiful box!!! Love the tulle :)
    Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is so super cute, I really like the tulle sticking out the ends!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the box. I haven't seen anything like that before. Very cool.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Janis,

    Thank you for your participation in our 2nd Annual Link Up for Pink! Your entry #148 won the prize from Stateline Bag Co. & Marvy Uchida.
    Thank you for helping us spread awareness and hope to see you in our monthly challenges.

    Regards,
    Yolie
    www.linkupforpink.com
    www.justyolie.com

    ReplyDelete