Monday, September 3, 2012

Paper Playtime Ch# 83: Gingham + Die Cut or Punch

Thank you all for hoping along with us Saturday and Sunday for Mary's CARDZ TV "Brew HaHa" Stamp Release! Wasn't that a blast?! I know there were a lot of us in the hop, so those of you who took the time to hop all the way through to me, the LAST one, I really, really appreciate it!!

The winner of MY blog candy from the hop who has won....


Set of 4 Action Wobbles
The Scrapbooking Queen's Royal Castle Shoppe

64 piece EYE STICKERS from Michaels
(Great for those HALLOWEEN projects you'll be making soon!)
...is comment #....



....who said....


Thank you so much, Lee-Ann, for hopping along with us, leaving me a comment, and following! Please email me at craftyjanis at live dot com with your USA mailing address.

NOTICE TO WINNERS: If you are a prize winner, and you do not claim your prize within one week of winning, the prize will  go back in the pot to be re-drawn at a later date.

I used the COMMENT COUNTING CODE my husband wrote for me so I could easily see who #40 was without having to manually count down that far. You can have this code too FOR FREE if you want it. Just click HERE.

I'll be doing another BLOG CANDY give away on my blog this week, so check back to get the details on how you can win!


... Now.... on to today's post.... Good morning and happy Monday to you! Can I just tell you that it feels so good to be back in our house we've been renovating for so long. I'm back in my blue craft room (which I LOVE). We got moved a couple of weekends ago, and still have lots to organize, but it feels good to be here.

Look at what my hubby installed for me yesterday! I can't wait to get all my crafty goodies all organized!




As of the time I'm scheduling this post, I have my new Cricut E2 unpacked and sitting on my computer desk. I finally have a desk big enough for the computer and the Cricut! I've got the E2 hooked up to the computer and am taking full advantage of using the FREE carts that are available each week in the Cricut Craft Room.  I have to say.... I love using the E2 with the Cricut Craft Room so much better than using the E2 as a stand alone machine. Why? Well, for 1, I can move around the images I want to cut with my mouse and take full advantage of that 12x12 mat squeezing as many cuts as possible on it. When using the E2 as a stand alone machine outside of Cricut Craft Room I find it much harder to manipulate where the cuts go on the mat. That's just my opinion. I'm sure some of you guys out there are experts either way.

So.... the card I'm going to show you today was created with my E2 and using this week's FREE Cricut cart available in the Cricut Craft Room, LIFE'S A PARTY. 

Paper Playtime's current challenge is:
Ch # 83 
Theme: GINGHAM
+ DIE CUT or PUNCH

Our sponsor this challenge is
MARK'S FINEST PAPERS & STAMPS

One winner chosen by random.org will win the NORTH AMERICAN WOODS stamp set!!

MFPS Store with Sample Projects HERE
(You'll see several projects I made with this set at the above link!)

Here's my project using a DIE CUT + Gingham...

Project #390 of this year
Postcard FRONT

Postcard BACK - I still need to add some
white cardstock so I can hand write my message.
I have to confess. Lately I've been making postcards instead of full blown open and close cards. I find they are cheaper to mail for some reason. So the above is a POSTCARD. I still put it inside of an envelope to mail, just like it was a card. I still need to add some white cardstock on the back where all the monkey words are so I can hand write a message to whoever I send this to, but I just hated to cover up those cute monkey messages in this photo to show you my postcard. LOL
  • A2 size POSTCARD 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
  • FRONT:
    • Green cardstock cut @ 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
    • Yellow strip cut @ 1 1/2" x 5 1/4"
    • Leaves strip cut @ 1" x 5 1/4" 
    • Green gingham ribbon and bow added using a Glue Dot
    • LIFE'S A PARTY (Free this week @ Cricut Craft Room) cut @ 3 1/2"
    • Orange Dew Drops from TSQ's Royal Castle Shoppe
    • Cardz TV Stamps "FAQs" for sentiment stamp
  • BACK:
    • Yellow cardstock cut @ 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
    • Leaves cardstock cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
    • Yellow cardstock cut @ 4 1/2" x 3 1/8"
    • Green cardstock cut @ 4 3/8" x 3"
    • Monkey words cardstock cut @ 4 1/8" x 2 7/8"
  • All cardstock for backgrounds and strips from Hobby Lobby's CHEEKEE MONKEY paper stack
TSQ's Royal Castle Shoppe 

Cardz TV Stamps "FAQs"
Hobby Lobby's CHEEKEE MONKEY
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all will come play with us at 
for our Gingham + a Die Cut or Punch challenge! 
:) Janis


6 comments:

  1. Like the way you monkeyed (pun) around with the card. You can enter this at the challenge I host at Marks Finest Papers (MFP) Simple Salutations Ch9 Anything Goes. If you're not a member membership is free and please let them know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little monkey is just so cute!!! Love the ribbon/bow you added to the side. And that paper is fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Can you tell me what section of Michaels you found your eye stickers? I searched high and low at my Michaels today and didn't see anything like this.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL....Super duper cutie of a Monkey!!Love it!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete