Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Blog Hop!


Welcome to a surprise Birthday Blog Hop for Caleb, my Design Team buddy over at The Scrapbooking Queen's Castle. You can visit Caleb on his blog, and wish him a Happy Birthday if you want. I know he'd love that. His blog is KIDS FOR CARDS.

So today some of his Design Team sisters are doing a little blog hop to surprise him for his birthday. Today, Caleb, it's all about YOU! Happy Birthday! I hope you have lots of laughs, surprises, birthday cake, ice cream and all the fun stuff you want to do. Hugs!!

If you arrived here from Michele - Magical Creative Inspiration, then you're right on track! If not, start at the beginning with Theresa - The Scrapbooking Queen.

I have some BLOG CANDY up for grabs! But first, here is the birthday card I made for Caleb:

Project # 199 of this year
I originally posted this card on May 2nd for a couple of challenges knowing I'd mail this to Caleb closer to his birthday. Here are all the details and a video of the ACTION WOBBLE in action! Oh my funness!!



  • Tall Card 9" x 8" and scored @ 4" (this will fit into a #10 Business Envelope)
  • Background paper cut @ 3 3/4" x 8 3/4" (from Colorbox - Walmart)
  • Buttons from Michael's
  • CREATE A CRITTER Sun p. 52 cut @ 1 1/2" with shadow feature
  • B IS FOR BOY (Lite) Boy cut @ 3 1/2"
  • EVERY DAY PAPER DOLLS:
    • Grasses cut @ 2" and 1 1/2" p. 77 and trimmed to length
    • Clouds cut @ 2" and 1 1/2" p. 77
    • Fishing Pole cut @ 4 1/4"
  • Peachy Keen Stamps PK-531 Simple Sallies Assortment
  • Boy adhered with Action Wobble from TSQ's Royal Castle Shoppe
  • Journal punch from Fiskar's
  • Sentiment stamp from Mary's CARDZ TV STAMPS "It's A Guy Thing"
  •  Rhinestones on Boy's shirt are from Recollections


BLOG CANDY! I will be giving away a pack of 4 ACTION WOBBLES to one of my stalkers FOLLOWERS who leaves me a comment below and lets me know they went to Caleb's blog and left him some comment love too wishing him a Happy Birthday! His blog is KIDS FOR CARDS.  I will post the winner on Tuesday, May 22nd.

Your next stop is Jillian - Paper a La Mode!

Thanks for hopping along with us today! :) Janis

13 comments:

  1. A terrific card for a young man. I have been to Caleb's site and wished him HB-day.
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a adorable card love the action wobble

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card, I follow Caleb's YT channel and he will be so surprised at this bday hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card for a great fellow DT member! Caleb is THE MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet he loved this card. It fab Janis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janis-
    Love the card. the little fishing man is so cute. I am addicted to Action Wobbles now!
    {love love}
    Scrappin Madge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! I gotta get me some wobbles!! I left a comment for Caleb...follower # 54!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a terrific day Caleb, your card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!!!

    DT sis~
    Sherri
    The Squeaky Scrapper

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's not to love about this card? The clouds, grass and the little boy are all so super cute! Caleb is going to love it! I just used my 1st wobble in today's blog post. Now I have a new addiction!!! LOL So much fun to use and easy!! Heading to wish Caleb a happy day as soon as I finish the hop!! Happy Crafting ~ msmith38652@gmail.com
    http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is so adorable!! I love the little fisherguy!! He is so sweet!! And you have the best videos ever, Janis!! I just laugh when they start to shimmy and shake!! What an awesome card my friend!! I am proud to be a stalker...er follower ;)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete