Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Accordion Album

Thank you for visiting me today! I want to share with you an easy Accordion Album you can make in minutes! And I have a video of it too. Woo-Hoo! Let's get started!!

I used my new paper I got last weekend from Hobby Lobby. I haven't bought paper in forever, so everything I saw there was new to me. I wanted it all!

This first pack was on Clearance... what? I'll grab that deal-e-o.


It's Graphic 45, cardstock, double-sided called "Playtimes Past." I've never bought Graphic 45 paper. This could become a problem as I am loving this stack!! I used one of these cardstock sheets for the accordion base.

For my accordion album, I took 1 of these 12"x12" sheets, trimmed off the label at the top, and then cut it every 4". This gave me 3 sections of 4" x 12" strips. That's 3 accordion albums in the making, guys! 3! See how this can become addictive?




Then I scored along the 12" side every 3". So it's scored at 3", 6" and 9". Voila! You have the base for the accordion album. Now all you have to do is decorate!

Front side
Back
Each panel is 3" x 4". I used my other new stack of paper from Hobby Lobby called "Lost & Found" and cut some mats for each panel front and back. (That's 4 each size for the front and 4 each size for the back. I know I'm not really good at math, but I promise that will equal 8 of each size.)


I cut 3 mats for each panel. They were cut at:
  • 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
  • 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
  • 2 1/4" x 3 1/4"
I used a different paper for the top mat on the front and back just for kicks and giggles.

Front
Back
Next I broke out some of my goodies to do some decorating!
The Graphic 45 paper stack came with a sheet of punch outs - Some tags, circles, squares, etc.


I used some of these for the back of the album.  I also pulled out my "fun" drawer and used some goodies out of here. 


 I have 6 Tim Holtz inks that are all pretty awesome. My plan was to use Mary's CARDZTV Stamps on the album. I grabbed the "Rejoice" stamp set and decided to check out what these inks would look like stamped on cardstock with the scripture stamps, then wrote the name of the ink under each one.

  

Pretty cool, huh? 

Mary's Cardz TV Stamps "Rejoice" set
Click HERE to order
Guess what's in my fun drawer that looks great with these inks?


I found these Gemstones (even though in the video I keep calling them rhinestones) at Hobby Lobby. I love them. They look wooden. Very cool.    I also used these tiny brads I got from Joann's a while back for the clock center. It's so cool how something so small can make such a big difference. 

.

My friend, Laura, surprised me with some beautiful rhinestones and corner punches in my mailbox last weekend. I love mailbox hugs! I used some of these corner punches on the album too.  You can visit Laura's blog by CLICKING HERE!




 Ready to see how it came out? The front isn't finished yet. I'll add some photos I think to this.


Here's the back with some 3D stickers my friend, Lynn, sent me; and some punch outs from the Graphics 45 paper stack. You can visit Lynn's blog by CLICKING HERE!

Project # 204 of this year
 If you have any questions, just let me know in your comment. I'll try to help you if I can, but you'll have to remember to leave me a way to contact you.... like your email.

I hope you enjoyed this!  :) Janis

6 comments:

  1. I love this creation! Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Janis! Did I hear you right? G45 paper pack on clearance at HL? I am so going there tomorrow :) I LOVE G45 - did not know they had it at HL because to tell the truth I have never been to HL - I know I know, but there is not one really close to me, but about 45 minutes away I think. I will find one! Thanks for sharing this sweet project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love the papers . Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is Gorgeous Janice. Thanks for the Tutorial too.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janis, this is beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial!
    Miranda
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete