Monday, February 20, 2012

What Can I Say?....

This card makes me giggle!

Project #58 of this year
This is my card for Paper Playtime's new challenge that started today. Since it's the 3rd Monday of the month, that means whatever theme Paper Playtime has this time, you have to ADD A SENTIMENT too. And this week's challenge for SAY IT WITH SENTIMENTS is PETS (any animal). That's right. Make any project with a pet or any other animal. Let's see what you can do with the creatures this time!

Here are all the details on my card:
A2 size card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4").
Gray cardstock for base.
Blue background paper cut @ 5 1/4" x 4".
Glitter paw print heart background (DCWV) cut @
5" x 3 3/4".
Sentiment from Mr. Cricut Crazy's "Man's Best Friend Vol. 1" set.
You can shop his stamps HERE.

Sentiment mat is from my new Journal punch from Joann's!


Grass is Fiskar's punch from Target.

Antiqued brads on basket are from Joann's.
DOODLECHARMS for Dog p. 112 cut @ 2".
I cut out the ears 3 times. Once for the actual ears, and twice for the legs with color patches hanging out of the basket top.



Basket was also cut from DOODLECHARMS
p. 116 @ 2 1/2".

Aqua tulle from Amazon (fabric.com).
This tulle stuff is GORGEOUS!  (and addictive LOL)
That's it. I did some simple chalking around the basket and doggie. Some inking around the sentiment mat. The only other thing about this card that I have not mentioned yet.... well... I.... um.... adhered the cover upside down! LOL Oh well. I'm NOT going to change it. Whoever gets it in the mail will get a good laugh having to open it from the top instead of the bottom.
I hope you'll come play along with us at PAPER PLAYTIME! Let's see your PET (or any animal) projects! It can be any type of project as long as you remember to add a SENTIMENT to it.
Smiles!
:) Janis




8 comments:

  1. How cute! Even though our dog doesn't look like yours on your card, our dog (who we call Cassie or Puppy), is just so precious, and would so fit this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this card?!?! Great job as usual Janis :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is sooo cute

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! Love how you used ears for it's front legs!! Awesome idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say! This card is just too cute! And it is proudly hanging on my Janis wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the cutest card, Janis!! I love that sweet doggie!! And oh my gosh, the tulle is gorgeous...I'll be hitting amazon soon!! I love, love this my friend!! Thank you again for having me on the DT...so excited!! And how bad have I been with the 52 tags...the thought has been there but the time hasn't :(

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Janis! Super cute card with the pooch! I love that punch and use it often! I had to go look up the title of it for pub purposes and finally got wise and labelled it with the correct name because I was calling it a bracket punch. I guess that's half right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is soooo cute Janis. That puppy's face is adorable and love the basket he is sitting in. Great job. Anne :)

    ReplyDelete