Saturday, October 15, 2011

Crocheted Grandbaby Blanket for Wyatt

Who else out there loves to crochet like me?
I don't do crochet often, but I should spend more time doing it. It's so relaxing.
I'm very thankful for my sister, Melody, who taught me how to crochet. I just could not figure things out just by reading a book. When I had questions, the book would not respond. Go figure. LOL  But Melody sat with me, unknotted my knots, helped me figure out the counting and looping, etc. What a blessing!  I am a very simple crochet-er. The most elaborate project I've made is a baby hat and I swore I'd never do that again it was so difficult. I like to stick to baby blankets, afghans, couch throws, etc.  Now my sister, she can do all sorts of amazing crochet things like making vests. WOW.  My mother-in-law made a bedspread... WOW.  My hubby's grandma made angels and dolls... WOW.  I'll never be that kind of crochet-er. But I'm tickled with what I can do. I'm thrilled, actually. 

Here is the latest blanket I've made for our grandbaby, Wyatt.  Brown is the base color; 
yellow is in there because it's my husband and son's favorite color; 
green is in there because it's my daughter-in-law's favorite color;
and the blue and variegated blue are just for Wyatt.

Project #277 in 2011
Here's another look at the blanket with some yarn on the couch... Yep, I'm working on a scarf right now with bright colors.


If any of you guys crochet, PLEASE leave me a link to your blog. I'd love to see what you are working on.  Plus I love finding new, easy, free patterns too.

Hugs! Have a fun weekend! :) Janis

4 comments:

  1. Like the blanket & the colors..great idea making with all y'alls fav. colors..U also have a great Wknd..

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful blanket Janis, I love these rich colors!
    I really enjoy crocheting, hope to do more over the cold winter months! I taught my DD to make scarves and now she crochets more than me!!! You might have just inspired me to go hunting for my yarn bag! :)
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is beautiful. I am not a crocheter, I am a knitter. I have been working on dish clothes. Quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket you made is just precious. I love the colors...Your grandchild will be able to use this blanket for years to come.

    ReplyDelete