Friday, February 18, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays Ch# 18 - FOREVER YOUNG

Hello all my bloggy friends!
This week over at FLAUNT IT FRIDAYS
we are asked to FLAUNT the MODEL 1 EMBLEM (SILHOUETTE) on page 24.

I think this is a beautiful cut, but didn't know what to do with it.

A friend of mine, Sheree (check out here blog by CLICKING HERE), suggested I use it on a tag with a smokey background. She also taught me how to make a smokey background with inks. It's really easy; all you do is use a sponge dabbed on any ink pad and use circular motions to apply the ink to the cardstock. You will find that some of the places are darker (more inked) than others, and that's how the smokey affect is born. Voila! Easy peasey.

  • Purple cardstock from stash
  • Black paper from Recollections
  • Ribbon from Michaels
  • White paper is just generic cardstock from Walmart office supply section
  • Flowers and glass bubbles (not rhinestones) from a BLOG CANDY I won last year
  • FOREVER YOUNG Model 1 page 24 Emble Festure (shilhouette) cut @ 4”
  • TAGS, BAGS, BOXES, & MORE Tag p. 89 cut @ 6”

We hope you pop over to FLUANT IT FRIDAYS and play along with us!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I will have to try that smoky technique on something soon.

    Hugs, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag! I love the smokey look of the background. TFS :)
    Jenn
    craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smokey look of the background and will definitely have to give it a try. The tag looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete