It's the end of the month and time to recap where I stand in the 2010 100+ Reading Challenge. I was able to sneak in a couple extra books in July. :) It's a lot easier to do when they are so good. And yes, many of the books I read in July were just awesome!
I love books by Sherryl Woods. (Click here to visit her web page.) When I picked up Home in Carolina by her I didn't realize that I had read at least 3 previous Sweet Magnolia novels. So I was re-united with old friends, remembered their history, and this makes the book so much richer for me.
Here are some thoughts on the other books I read in July:
- Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie: I liked the paranormal aspect of this book, but it was a little harsher than I would have liked (details about murders).
- Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris: I liked the way the characters interacted with each other and how this plot played out. I didn't figure it out beforehand.
- Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison: This took me back to the 80's – high school, best friends, sleep overs, fads, drama...
- Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich: Ever since I listened to several of Janet's audiobooks, I can't read one of her novels without hearing Lula's voice in my head. LOL This wasn't as good as some of the others, but it still had me laughing.
- The Bikini Car Wash by Pamelo Morsi: My first novel read by Pamela. It started out fabulous, but lost some of it's zing toward the last third or so. Still, I enjoyed it; glad I read it, and will be looking out for more books by Pamela.
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen: One of my favorites for this month! Written simply. Easy to follow. Sweet. No harsh language, morbid details, etc. Excellent book for teens to adults.
Most of the books I read come from Doubleday Book Club, eHarlequin Book Club, the library, Barnes & Noble, or are borrowed from friends.
- Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie
- Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris
- Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison
- Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
- The Bikini Car Wash by Pamela Morsi
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
- Home in Carolina by Sherryl Woods (A Sweet Magnolia Novel)
BOOKS ON THE SHELF WAITING TO BE READ NEXT:
- Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery (A Fool's Gold Romance)
- Stay by Allie Larkin
- Lowcountry Summer by Dorothea Benton Frank
- Return to Sullivan's Island by Dorothea Benton Frank
- Summer House by Nancy Thayer
- Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber
- The Summer Hideaway by Susan Wiggs
BOOKS ON ORDER WAITING TO BE SHIPPED AND READ NEXT:
- The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
- Ghost Shadow by Heather Graham
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
- The Angel by Carla Neggers
- Lust, Loathing, & a Little Lip Gloss by Kyra Davis
- Haunting Jordan by P. J. Alderman
- Cemetery Dance by Preston & Child
- Happiness Key by Emille Richards
- The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand
- A Hopeless Romantic by Harriet Evans
- Revenge of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
***I can't believe I lost track of what***
***I was reading in May & June!***
- Night Rising, Vampire Babylon Book 1 by Chris Marie Green
- Sailing To Capri by Elizabeth Adler
- Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler
- Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon
- Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
- The Beach House by Jane Green
- Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti
- Return to Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux
- Murder in the Raw by C. S. Challinor
- When Autumn Leaves by Amy S. Foster
- Mighty Old Bones by Mary Saums
- A Slice of Murder by Chris Cavender
- Vi Agra Falls by Mary Daheim
- Too Rich and Too Dead by Cynthia Baxter
- Lavender Morning by Jude Deveraux
- The Prayer of Jabez
- Ghosts From The Past by Glen Ebisch
- How Not To Make A Wish by Mindy Klasky
- There's Something About St. Tropez by Elizabeth Adler
- A Princess of Landover by Terry Brooks
- Ghost A La Mode by Sue Ann Jaffarian
- Death of the Party by Carolyn Hart