Monday, September 27, 2010

SUNDAY'S CAMERA ADVENTURE

LOL!  According to the email inquiries I've gotten, I got you ladies curious as to our Sunday adventure! Here's the scoop:
Augusta, GA was the host of the 2010 IRONMAN competition on Sunday.  IRONMAN is a triathlon.  They start swimming, transition to biking, then finish with running.
We walked about 3 miles of the course to watch the swimming and then transition to the biking.  Did I mention it was raining the whole time?  We were soaked when we got home.  Sloshy shoes, drenched hair and clothes.  hahaha  But it was really neat to watch these amazing athletes.
Here are just a few of the pics we took.
I chose not to capture the blonde wearing a sign on her butt that said, 
"IRONMAN you've got STAMINA... call me"
I was surprised they actually swam in that alligator river.  Are they crazy?  I just took pictures last weekend of an alligator in that very river.  Not me.  Uh-uh. No way. No how.


Our beautiful daughter, Bonnie.  Her sister, Kati, is a photographer with mad skills.  I took this picture of Bonnie and Kati worked her magic and got the people in the background all removed.  I don't know how in the world she does stuff like that.  I just love this picture.  Wet hair and everything!


3 comments:

  1. What an awesome Sunday ya'll had!! Photos are great. Glad there's not one of the advertising girl!! Bonnie is just beatiful. One of these days (my famous words) I'll learn how to work my photo software
    and be able to do what your Kati does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! What a wonderful way to spend the day! I am with you on the alligator river. I would not go in there either!!! If there are gators there are snakes ... YIKES!!! Wet hair and all Bonnie is beautiful. I am sure that Kati is as well and she is very skilled with that photo software.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day wet hair and all! Sounds like an awesome adventure! I just love surprises! Bonnie looks so beautiful...you need to make a poster out of this pic...if you chew gum..it will stick on any surface and can be removed with a blow dryer!

    ReplyDelete