Followers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

52Q WEEK 2 - WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP?

Welcome to Week 2 of 52Q(uestions)! I have edited the code for submitting your projects each week.  I have extended the entry time to August 2, 2011, so at any time you can submit your projects for any week through the end of all the 52Q!  Yeah!!

52Q Week 2
When you were a kid
What did you want to be 
when you grew up?



Here's my page 2!  I tried something different for this page.  Instead of sealing an A2 size envelope, covering it with paper, and cutting down one side for an opening to put my answer in, I just took a Value Pack card (pre-scored for easy folding) and adhered the top and bottom, leaving the side "open-able".  I think it worked out well.


Here's my inside shape to write my answer on the back.




My Daddy always said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up.  So I wanted to be an Indian.
Page base Orange Textured Card from Value Pack
Kraft mat cut @ 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Pattern mat (DCWV Green Stack) cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
Sentiment printed using PrintMaster
Font "CK Handprint"
Line 1 @ 14
Line 2 @ 18
Line 3 @ 14
Orange Sentiment mat cut @ 3 1/4" x 1 3/8"
Kraft Sentiment mat cut @ 3 1/8" x 1 1/4"
White Sentiment mat cut @ 3" x 1 1/8"
All edges inked with ColorBox "DUNE"
Cricut Cartridge: PAPER DOLL DRESS UP
Outside: Indian and Accessories page 61 cut @ 3" with Recollections paper
Inside:  Indian dress cut @ 3 1/2" REAL DIAL SIZE 
Inside:  Neckace cut @ 1 1/2" REAL DIAL SIZE

This Mini Me Book is just for fun.  Just think... by this time next year, you'll have a 52 page MINI ME ALBUM ALL ABOUT YOU!!  Amazing, huh?!
Remember, you can build your MINI ME BOOK in any format that suits you.  Some ideas are:






























  1. Use an old deck of cards (maybe some of the cards are missing)
  2. Use a flash card pack from the Dollar Store
  3. Tags
  4. A2 size Cards from Value Pack, cut along score line
  5. Toilet Paper Roll
  6. Envelopes with question outside and answer on tag inside
  7. Alter a small journal
  8. Name Badges
  9. Altered Recipe Box with Index cards for each week's question and answer on the back
Do you have more ideas?  Do you have a question you'd like to submit?  Leave a comment letting me know what your ideas are.  If your question is chosen, a link will be included to your blog. (Please make sure you provide me with your blog link when you submit your questions.)

Hit the little blue froggy below to show us your page and link to your blog or photo.

Thanks for playing!

Janis



You can now link each week's project directly to that week's post.  I have changed the posting time not to end until all 52 Q's weeks are finished in August 2011!  There is a master list for each week's question on my sidebar.  If you ever get behind, just refer to that list, go to that week's post, and then link your project for that week.  :)






2 comments:

  1. So good to hear that your Dad came through the surgery and is doing well. Still praying. Love your Indian!! And that bg paper is just great!! Will really have to put some thought into how I'm gonna do this weeks. Oh Happy Day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the answer to the question as soon as I read it. But I just had to think how I was going to do it. I think it turned out pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete