Followers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

KING OF THE COALS


Good morning!  Did everyone have a fun July 4th weekend?!  We sure did!  Finally we bought a new grill.  When we moved to Alaska last October, we sold ours.  While in Alaska we had a small one, but it stayed in storage because it was illegal to grill at the apartment.  Now back in South Carolina we finally bought a big grill again and enjoyed it all weekend!  We had family over Sunday night, and it was so much fun to sit and shoot the breeze with everyone again!!

Here is my submission for Paper Playtime's Challenge #6 -"It's A Guy Thing".  I love the title "KING OF THE COALS".   LOL  Although we usually use charcoal grills, we did buy a gas one this time.  Oh well, I still used that title on my page.

The papers are from K & Company.
The phrase is Cricut Cartridge LIFE IS A BEACH letters
cut @ 1 1/2".
The images are cut from Cricut Lite BLOCK PARTY.
COOK cut @ 4 1/2" (and even at this size the pieces are tiny - I'll cut it larger next time.)
GRILL cut @ 3".
Ribbon, buttons, rhinestones, square paperclips... all from Joann's or Michael's.

Just a HEAD'S UP for you.  I don't know what I've done to the Paper Playtime blog, but it isn't showing the comments.  I've reset it several times, they will show, and then they are gone again.  What's up with THAT?!  Please leave a comment there so I can continue to monitor and test that section.  THANKS!!

HUGS,
Janis

9 comments:

  1. Janis this is PERFECT for this theme! I love it! If I had these cartridges I would SO be scraplifting and putting a picture of my dad...he is our king of the grill. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout Janis! Sounds like a yummy weekend grilling for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute layout! I can't wait to get the Block Party cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such fun! I love the button detail! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! Block Party looks like an awesome cart I haven't seen anyone use it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this cart! Love the layout! Thanks Janis :)

    ~Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just tooo cute!! Loving it!! :)

    ReplyDelete