Thursday, July 15, 2010

DADDY UPDATE

Mama & Daddy this April on their 49th Wedding Anniversary

Wow.  The title of this post reminds of about a year ago sending you "MAMA UPDATES".

I chauffeured Mama and Daddy to the VA Hospital this morning for Daddy to have a heart cath done.  The doctor was very nice explaining the results to us.

Daddy has a LOT of blockage all in his heart - not just concentrated in one artery.  But the main issue is they discovered a heart aneurysm through this procedure.  Now - that is not all bad.  I mean having an aneurysm isn't good, but at least they know it's there and now we can address it.

The doctor said he would need by-pass surgery next week.  And in Charleston.  (I live 45 minutes away from my parents, who live in West Columbia.  Charleston is 2 hours away from Columbia.)

Mama said she could feel the prayer coverage because otherwise she would be falling to pieces with this news.  Prayer works.

We don't know yet when the surgery is scheduled for - I'll keep you posted.  I am planning on chauffeuring them to Charleston for it.

Anyway, I'd like to ask you all for 2 things - PLEASE keep Daddy and Mama in your prayers.  And, if anyone is interested in sending handmade cards to Daddy & Mama, I'll be glad to give you an address to send them.  Last year, so many of you sent Mama cards when she was in the hospital that you had made and let me tell you, it really brightened up her day.  SHE STILL HAS THEM!!!  Each one she received is in her scrapbook.  I know it would mean a lot to them receive cards during this stressful time.

Thank you all for just being you.  Big hugs to you all!!  :)  Janis

3 comments:

  1. Oh Janis! I will keep all of you in my prayers!! I think you have my email addy so send me their address and I'll be happy to send them a card!! And yes, prayers do work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to send a card. My dad (who passed from artery blockage in October) saved all ,my cards and I feel a loss not to create cards for him. I am a member of the Cricut card Fairy though and send cards to my dd each week in college. So I would be honored to send them a card or you. Her is my email addy luv2scrap44 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis, I know that your parents are thankful for you and your helpfulness. It meant so much to my parents when my Daddy went through similar tests and hospital stays. He is now gone and we all miss him greatly. Here is my email addy RecipeScrapper at sbcglobal dot com. I would love to send your parents a card or two. Thank you for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete