Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TICKLE ME TUESDAY!

Hello all my bloggy friends!



Today is

TICKLE ME TUESDAY!  

And boy did I find a YouTube instructional video that tickled me with inspiration!!


The green ribbon IS only attached to the button.
I wrapped the ribbon ends around the back of the expanding pocket and up the front.
Then I wrapped each ribbon in opposite directions around the button to keep it closed.


So here, I've released the ribbon by unwarpping it from the button...


And this is the inside of the expanding pocket.

Denise has a fantastic video full of easy step by step instructions as well as a very funny little side story about a "bone folda".  She had me laughing out loud.  LOVED this video.

In this video, Denise shows you how to make 2 envelopes from 1 paper bag with no waste.  Amazing! And so easy to do.

I've already made 2 paper bag envelopes, and 5 other envelopes using the same technique but with patterned paper in different sizes.


The little extra expanded pocket is something similar I did on my January 2010 scrapbook page a while back.



I just wrapped the string around the button to keep it closed, but the inside expands open with the bag like the one above in green.

OKAY, I just got permission from Denise to embed her tutorial YouTube video here.


Have a FUN Tuesday!
Don't forget MOMO has posted her blog's challenge today.
Click here to visit her and participate!

I'll probably be back later posting another craft.... maybe....   :)
Don't forget to check out PauseDreamEnjoy's FIRST EVER Challenge.  
It's open until Sunday, May 16th at 11:59 p.m. Alaska Time.  
The Challenge is to make an ATC (Artist Trading Card).  
Standard ATC size is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".  
I'm new to ATC's, so it's a challenge for me too!
Click here to visit that post and participate!
Hugs & Tickles,
Janis

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is just so sweet to put my video up on your blog! Very cool. Your envelopes look great! I knew you would make beautiful things with those paper bags! lol Gotta go and start working on my atc challenge! Denise♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these envelopes! Thanks, Denise, for sharing your crafting world!

    ReplyDelete