Tuesday, May 18, 2010

GOOD TIMES

Video on card at end of post.

You know, it's so TRUE.
When I'm feeling a little down, making a card lifts my spirits so high.
It truly is THERAPY.  LOL

No, I'm not sad or depressed or anything.
I was just feeling kind of blahhhh and needed a LIFT.

These background papers are so bright and cheery, how can you NOT smile when looking at them?
The are from DCWV Ultimate Through The Year Stack.
The Striped paper is cut at 5 1/4" x 4".
The flower paper is cut at 4" x 2 1/2".
The clear stamp "GOOD TIMES" is from Michael's - Studio G stamped with StazOn Ink - Jet Black.
Ribbon from the "2 for $1" bin @ Michael's. (I still can't get over that it has 15 YARDS on it!)
Branch and leaf papers from Recollections.
Owl papers from 4" x 4" Value Pack.
(I just have to say, I love Value Pack papers!)
CREATE A CRITTER Cricut Cartridge
Owls page 25 cut @ 1 1/2" and @ 2".
Branches page 25 cut @ 1" and 1 1/2".
I did trace the little one's eyelash cut with a white gel pen because it was really hard to see them with the brown background.

I usually cut different sizes of the same image while I'm cutting.
Then I decide which I want to use and put the other in my EXTRA cut file to use later.
This time I cut 2 sizes and 2 color combinations just to see what I liked best.
I ended up using them both.  hahaha  These owls are so cute!

I cut the phrase "HOOT" as well, but decided not to use it.
Instead, I used the little clear stamp, "GOOD TIMES" and giggled with that.
That's one of the things we say in our family for whatever it is, whether it's a story of a horrible vacation, a car breaking down, or a truly fun adventure, we always respond with sighing, "Good Times.  Good Times."
We're funny like that.

Hope you all are having a fun day!
I was chatting on line with our son last night when he asked if I'd get Daddy to the computer.
So I let my hubby, TOM, sit at my computer and chat with him.
While he was sitting there, I had left Facebook open and my hubby proceeded to update my status.
This is what he wrote:

Tom is the most beautiful person in the world. He is amazingly smart, incredibly awesome in every way. And I should not leave Facebook open when he is on my computer chatting with Jimmy.

hahahahahaha

We are always picking and playing jokes on each other in our family.
Did I tell you the other night I found an empty toilet paper roll under my pillow when I went to bed?

hahahahahahaha

Smiles!  :)  Janis



10 comments:

  1. Janis...this is so cute! Love love love those lil owls! TFS!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card!Love the owls. I like the dcwv stack is that one new?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis this card is too, too cute...and look how many followers you have girl! Whoo Hoo!
    Hugs to you and Miss Bonnie!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those owls! We always say "Good Times, Good Times" It is so funny to hear similar family stories! I'm off to watch your video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the nice compliments! Kristin, I got that DCWV paper stack at Joann's a couple months ago and I really don't remember. It was probably on the clearance rack or I had a 40% off coupon or something. The copyright on the barcode on the cover says 2009. Sorry I don't have more info about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kristin, by the way, I've tried several times to comment on your page and it won't bring up the comment box. And your profile doesn't have an email button, so I hope you get the message above about the paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute love it!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete