Monday, May 17, 2010

BOOKMARKS!


Here are several BOOKMARKS I made today.  
This goes right along with our PDEC#2 - BOOKMARKS!

These bookmarks were done very simply.  
In fact, I let this beautiful cardstock from
DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack
do all the work for me.
This 12x12 page was filled with squares
with different patterns and pictures.


All I did was cut the squares in strips and glue them
back to back.
I used TACKY GLUE to hold them together.
I used the corner rounder on some of the corners, 
but not all, just to give them some character.


Holes were punched in the top with the
CROP A DIAL and ribbon was threaded through.


The bookmark with the large pink button on top
is my favorite! 

Thanks for stopping by, following my blog, and leaving comments!
You ROCK!
:)  Smiles, Janis

13 comments:

  1. Your bookmarks are so cute! I like them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! I have great paper that I can make similar ones with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave me a great idea. I've been wondering what to do with that one page out of my paper packs that seems to have every single print on one page. You know the one that I'm talking about right? it kinda looks like a patchwork quilt.

    anyway, I think that I can make several of these and give them as a small token of appreciation to our Educational Assistants at school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lizzy. And Carolyn, that's what this page was. Just full of squares with samples of what was in the pack. Can't wait to see your bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did w/ your bookmarks. I especially love the button detail that you did at the top of the pink and blue gingham one. I'll definitely be joining in on the challenge, unfortunately I won't be able to do it until Sunday.

    Great job!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam - Yeah! Glad you are going to play along. No problem about waiting until Sunday. Can't wait to see what you do. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bookmarks! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them. They are so clean & fresh looking. Great for spring 7 summer reading.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea, Janis! I read a LOT and love to share that interest with others and a quick bookmark is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete