Followers

Monday, April 19, 2010

WHAT'S THE WORD, BIRD?


This is my submission for

The challenge was to make a project with the theme VINTAGE & RIBBON, but it was okay to just use RIBBON if you wanted.  Good thing, because although I love looking at all the vintage projects you ladies make, I don't have a bit of vintage anything.  So I went with just using ribbon.

Now I know there is a big space on this card just waiting to be used.... but what's a girl to do?  I decided to just leave it there.  Call it an object of conversation.... like that coffee table book in your living room... something to chat about.

I cut out a nest and put adhesive over the top of the whole thing.  Then I cut ribbon strips and stuck them down on the nest.  Hopefully it looks like the nest is made of ribbons.  Hopefully.  :)

Card base light gray from Value pack pre-scored for easy folding!
Pattern papers from DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack
Green mat cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
Solid papers from Recollections
Ribbon from Joann's
Sentiment stamp from Inkadinkadoo, "WHAT'S THE WORD, BIRD"
Cricut Cartridge:  CREATE A CRITTER
Bird on page 65 cut @ 3 1/2"
Nest on page 53 cut @ 1/2" and covered with strips of ribbon from Joann's
Jewel flower center from Joann's Busy Kids, Kid's Camp

So...... what's the word, bird?
Janis

P.S.  There are 2 earlier posts from today with different cards.  Please scroll down if you'd like to see what else I've created today.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh...this is so stinkin' cute!!! love how you used the ribbon for his nest...fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete