Followers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hello Kitty: Airplane Ride

I know I haven't been posting cards as often lately.  I've had a week of migraine fun... NOT!


One of our daughters will be flying on a plane for the first time in a few months to come see us.  She texted me a picture yesterday of her refrigerator and it was covered with cards I've made and sent her as well as coloring book pictures Bonnie has colored for her.  It really made me feel good.  She said she needed some more cards. So today I made her a Hello Kitty card riding in an airplane.  LOL


I put in a black piece of 8 1/2" x 11" paper and pushed the "Fit to Page" button after setting the page size on the Cricut.

It calculated and told me it would cut at 4 1/4".  So after it cut out the card, I cut all the color pieces at 4 1/4" and it fit perfectly.  I think she is really going to enjoy this one.  I'm liking the shaped card deal-ee.

IN OTHER NEWS:

So many of you ask about my Mama.  Here's a picture of her doing yard work for the first time since her surgery last year.  Can you tell that she's lost tons of weight since she's been sick?  Her little feet and ankles look so tiny.  I hope she gains some weight back.  I'd be happy to give her some of mine I'd like to lose.



IN OTHER NEWS:

Tom & I finally bought a kitchen table!  We had 2 tables at our house in SC.  A large rectangle one that would comfortably sit 8, and a small glass/iron round one that would sit 4.  When we moved here, we were trying to move light and so we thought we'd bring the small glass one (even though the larger wood one was my favorite), but it wouldn't fit in the trailor with my car we stuffed in there with all our boxes and other furniture.  So we decided we'd just get a table when we got here.  Ummmmmm, that only took us 5 months. LOL

This table is a lot smaller than what I'm used to, but I think it's so pretty and it fits very well in our small apartment.  Of course, I would have much rather had the gorgeous marble top table at the furniture store, but maybe we'll get that one when we move into a house.

IN OTHER NEWS:

We rode around today in different neighborhoods, up the mountainside, around town, did some window shopping at ski stores, window shopping for shoes / hiking boots, looked at sleds for Bonnie, got some soup and lunch meat for sandwiches for lunch this week, and got Bonnie a racing Wii game.  I love just going out and hanging out with my hubby and Bonnie.  But I do have a problem that if I don't eat lunch at lunchtime, I get a terrible headache that is hard to get rid of and will linger the rest of the day.  I don't know why my body does this, and I've been checked for diabetes since it runs so heavily in my family, but that's not it.  Of course, the last time it was checked was over a year ago, so I probably need to do it again.  And today, I didn't think ahead, and waited to long to eat lunch since we were out having a good time, and now my head is killing me.  I keep saying I'm going to lie down on the bed, but I'm stubborn and am trying my best to ignore this headache.  I've taken my migraine pill and 2 Advil.  You'd think it'd be gone by now.  I HATE headaches.

Sorry.... I don't mean to whine....

My point was......  we were driving along a mountain road with snow banks high on each side.  Tom chuckled and said he felt like we were in a .... oh I forgot the word for it.... that tunnel thing you go down in on a sled.  We went around the corner and here comes a man on skies with his dog skiing down the hill.  LOL  That was a first site for us.  I mean, skiing on mountains, I've experience, but not seeing someone just coming around the corner on the road.  I said, "That's something you'll never see back in SC."  And we just both laughed.  And we saw a moose.  This is the closest I've ever been to one.  We've seen them before, but always at a distance.  This one was right on the side of the road eating a tree limb.  They are SOOOOO much bigger than you think they are.  His head was like the size of my head to my belly.  I mean, they are gigantic and tall!


OK, so I've jibbered enough now.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I have a lot of blogs I follow that I haven't checked on this week, so if I haven't left you a comment lately it's because I need to get caught up on what everyone is doing.

If anyone has the STRAIGHT FROM THE NEST cartridge, please let me know what you think about it.  I love trees, and birdies and owls, so I think I would love it.  But I've also learned I don't like a lot of cuts for one image.  I like simple cuts with not a lot of tiny pieces.  If you've done any projects with this cart, please leave me a link in the comment section so I can check it out.  I may end up ordering this from HSN next weekend, but I'd like to hear your opinion about the cart first.

Smiles!
Janis

6 comments:

  1. Love that HK card! She will love it...that's so cute how she has all your cards on her fridge..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to see a photo of your Mama. I'm glad she's in the garden again! Loved hearing the story bout the man on skiis and dog and moose????? He he! Every once in a while the same think happens to me with bad headaches from not eating but I have to say I'm lucky Advil takes it away and haven't had to take anything for migraines. Love that new table of yours, especially the color!

    Hugs
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments. Mo, I loved your comment. I like the 2-tone color of our new table too. :) Yeah, the man on the skis and the doggie just made us laugh. I would have loved to be on skies right behind him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janis~ good to catch up.
    Love the Hello Kitty card. Love it even more that your mom is better and is actually about & gardening. It's a great sign. Love the moose pics! They are something else.
    Your table looks very nice.
    You have been one busy lady.
    You take care of yourself out there and keep inspiring us with your lovely creations.
    Take care,
    sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Hello Kitty card in the Airplane. Most especially, THANKS for writing out the exact directions of how you made it! I also liked the comment about the cards on your daughters refigerator. We never know how much a kind gesture or a word of encouragement menas to someone. It is so great to see one's kindness treasured by someone else - even if it is your own daughter!

    ReplyDelete