Sunday, February 7, 2010

Explosion Box Mini Album

Hello all my Bloggy Friends!  I hope everyone is having a terrific Sunday.  Are you going to watch the Super Bowl?  I think we may watch it - the commercials are always a hoot. :) 



I made an Explosion Box Mini Album today with DCWV textured solid cardstock and paper from "The Best of K & Company."  I loves all these papers!

It's really, really easy to do, so I'll give you all the measurements and let's see what you come up with!

The LID is made from 8"x8" cardstock scored at 2" all the way around.
  • Cut slits from the bottom to the first intersecting score lines on opposite sides.
  • Fold all score lines.  Fold up opposite sides, and you will see how the lid needs to go together.  Add some adhesive and voila!  Your lid is done.  
  • I went back and added some patterened paper on all the sides just to pretty it up a bit. :)
The pages for the box:
  • 11 5/8" square, scored @ 3 7/8" all the way around
  • 11 1/4" square, scored @ 3 3/4" all the way around
  • 10 7/8" square, scored @ 3 5/8" all the way around
  • 10 1/2" square, scored @ 3 1/2" all the way around
For all inside pages:
  • Cut off the 4 outside corner squares so that your paper goes from a square to something that looks like a plus (+) sign.
  • All pages decrease in size. 
  • Adhere them to the middle square on top of each other.  Use STRONG adhesive.  :)
I went back and adhered various patterned paper to all the squares once the box was assembled.  Then I added pockets and such for photos, journaling tags, etc.

I can't wait to see what you come up with! If you stopped by, please leave a comment so I know you were here, and I will visit you too.  I love making new bloggy friends and seeing what you all are up to.

If you make an Explosion Box, I would love to see it!  Leave me a link to your project!

And now..... in other news.....

Our Grandbaby, Kevin, is responding well to the antibiotics!  Thank you to everyone who has been praying for him.  He will be in the hospital one or two more weeks, so please continue to pray for healing.  The Lord hears you and is answering our prayers!

Our daughter, Keri, Kevin's new Mama, is also doing much better.  When I talked to her this morning, she sounded like her old self again.  I think she got lots of sleep at home yesterday afternoon and last night.  Yeah!  Since she lives so far away from the hospital, she is spending her days there to feed and care for Kevin and her nights at my parents' house.  God bless families!  I wish I was in South Carolina right now with them instead of in Alaska, but we will be there in a few more months.

Proud Grandma here had to throw in some new pictures.   hehehehe   Hope you enjoy!

Hugs, Janis

 
This is my Mama and Daddy with Baby Kevin.

Keri and Kevin
 
  
  
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janis.....what a great job you did on that album...I love it.
    I also enjoyed all your photos. Kevin is just soooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete