Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Horse Hug


Yesterday when I was visiting my Mama, I was able to borrow some of her rubber stamps to bring home. :) I spent a little while today cutting cardstock (white confetti) to the appropriate sizes for various stamps I brought home.

Here's a horsie I borrowed. Bonnie just loves horses, and Mama had bought this stamp to make her a card or two with it.

I stamped him on the white conffetti paper in black ink. Then I used chalks to color him and the grass and sky around him. I then got out my black Sharpie Ultra Fine tip pen and traced the outline of him for a little more definition.



I used papers and the "hug" sticker I received as a RAK from Boni. Click here to visit her blog. She's on a roll against the Rubber Stamp Company Who Shall Remain Nameless. Pretty interesting posts (be sure to read both her posts today!)

I used Pop Dots to pop up the image on the card. Ribbon is from stash. Card base is DCWV textured cards. It's actually a pretty vanilla cream color, but it looks white here in this photo.


Hoping everyone is have a blessed day. With so much going on this week, I hope I get time to make another card before we leave Friday on our camping trip. If you don't hear from me for a few days, don't worry. I'll be back!

Hugs,
Janis


3 comments:

  1. I really like how you punched up the outline by retouching it with marker! Great ribbon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janis, I love everything about this card! You did an awesome job!
    Wish Bonnie could see all the horses here where I live in central KY. We're surrounded by horse farms and the KY Horse Park is here and hosting the World Equestrine Games in 2010.
    You need to come for a visit!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet card! great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete